I decided recently that I needed more bookmarks and so I did what I always do: I researched the best way to make my own. I concocted this way of making bookmarks with scrapbook paper sort of on my own, and it’s very cheap and easy to do. It’s also so fun and you can be very creative with it!
For this easy project, you’ll only need six things:
- A laminator (I have this one)
- Laminator pouches (I used these)
- Some cute scrapbook paper (these are 50¢ to 70¢ each at Hobby Lobby)
- A ruler
- A pencil
- Some scissors or a paper cutter
- Using your ruler and pencil as a guide, measure and cut the scrapbook paper to 2″ x 6.5″
- Place the bookmark cut-out into the laminator pouch (I was able to fit two in mine, but you could probably fit up to four if you had the bigger sized pouch)
- Insert the pouch into your laminator and let it do its thing
- When it’s done, simply cut away the excess lamination! Make sure to leave a small margin so that it doesn’t peel away from the paper
And you’re done! This is seriously such an easy project, and each bookmark only costs a couple of cents to make. Christmas is only a few months away and these would make great gifts for bookish people!